
Okay so last night I was doing a double date with a friend. I know first shocking thing is that I had a date. But that isn't the funniest part of the story. Please read on.....
We decided we were going to make Hawaiian haystacks. Now I am a purest...meaning i am boring and don't put all the things on the haystacks that others do. So I went to the store and got a few toppings....not enough....So I had to go BACK to the store (I went to a different store the second time) So I put another list together to get more toppings. (celery, bamboo shoots, and OLIVES) Plus some other things that I wanted.
There I am at the store searching for these items. OK first I wasn't REALLY going to get the bamboo things...I didn't think I would be able to find them, however as I was looking for the OLIVES and turned around and there was the bamboo shoots, since I saw them I got them. Then I was looking for the OLIVES. Up and down this one isle I thought for sure they would be. (during this time I was talking to my sister on the phone, so I was a little distracted). As I was going up and down this isle and I find funky olives (stuffed ones, flavored ones) NO BLACK OLIVES. So I went to look for the other things I needed and maybe I would find them after I was done finding everything else. I find all I need and still CAN NOT find the OLIVES.
I am back on the phone with my sister and she is telling me to just ask someone. At this point I can't find anyone TO ask so I am at my whits end. I have NO idea where these olives are. So I am going down that same isle that I found the funky olives at and I look up. (you know at the isle numbers and stuff) and right in the isle next to me up in the air there is the sign....ketsup, Mayonnaise, Chips, and at the bottom of this sign in huge letters: OLIVES. Yes its true, all i had to do was look up and the answer was right there.
I was SO glad I never found someone to help me....Oh the joy of being me. :)
So then we had our date. And the olives were a big hit....its a good thing i didn't just give up. And then I got to tell everyone about my Olive search. Fun times, we played monopoly...I have never been so go at that game before. Seriously I crushed everyone. AND the game didn't even last that long. I was the big winner. I actually felt a little bad about how I took all the money and they lost everything. I kept wanting to give them loans and not make them pay me. Its a sign I will never be rich.
For those of you wondering, no I did not find the love of my life last night. He was very nice and I had a good time, but nope no sparks. But at least I had a date, and at least I found olives. Really in life what more could you want then Olives and a date?
We decided we were going to make Hawaiian haystacks. Now I am a purest...meaning i am boring and don't put all the things on the haystacks that others do. So I went to the store and got a few toppings....not enough....So I had to go BACK to the store (I went to a different store the second time) So I put another list together to get more toppings. (celery, bamboo shoots, and OLIVES) Plus some other things that I wanted.
There I am at the store searching for these items. OK first I wasn't REALLY going to get the bamboo things...I didn't think I would be able to find them, however as I was looking for the OLIVES and turned around and there was the bamboo shoots, since I saw them I got them. Then I was looking for the OLIVES. Up and down this one isle I thought for sure they would be. (during this time I was talking to my sister on the phone, so I was a little distracted). As I was going up and down this isle and I find funky olives (stuffed ones, flavored ones) NO BLACK OLIVES. So I went to look for the other things I needed and maybe I would find them after I was done finding everything else. I find all I need and still CAN NOT find the OLIVES.
I am back on the phone with my sister and she is telling me to just ask someone. At this point I can't find anyone TO ask so I am at my whits end. I have NO idea where these olives are. So I am going down that same isle that I found the funky olives at and I look up. (you know at the isle numbers and stuff) and right in the isle next to me up in the air there is the sign....ketsup, Mayonnaise, Chips, and at the bottom of this sign in huge letters: OLIVES. Yes its true, all i had to do was look up and the answer was right there.
I was SO glad I never found someone to help me....Oh the joy of being me. :)
So then we had our date. And the olives were a big hit....its a good thing i didn't just give up. And then I got to tell everyone about my Olive search. Fun times, we played monopoly...I have never been so go at that game before. Seriously I crushed everyone. AND the game didn't even last that long. I was the big winner. I actually felt a little bad about how I took all the money and they lost everything. I kept wanting to give them loans and not make them pay me. Its a sign I will never be rich.
For those of you wondering, no I did not find the love of my life last night. He was very nice and I had a good time, but nope no sparks. But at least I had a date, and at least I found olives. Really in life what more could you want then Olives and a date?



1 comment:
I understand celery goes well on Hawaiian Haystacks. Did you buy those? And if you did, did the celery do tricks?
Good times!
Post a Comment