
So this morning I did a good thing. I went and did the 5k Race for the Cure. There was 17,000 people signed up to run, walk, jog, be pushed in a stroller, wheelchair, or be pulled in a wheelbarrow.
It was so awesome to see SO many people out there. It is amazing to me how many people are affected by cancer. Everyone knows someone who was either affected personally or knows someone who was affected by it. And these people were doing it for a specific cancer. Its nice to be a part of something good.
My friend and I just walked it, but we did it and it was great. I love that there are so many opportunities to do something for others. It isn't much, but it is something. I am always wanting to do something but never sure what. So this is where it can start for me. It isn't much, but it is something.



3 comments:
That's awesome Brennie! Congratulations on walking a 5k and helping the greater good! Miss ya!
Brenda! I wish I could have come with you! We were busy landscaping... so much work to do! So, now that you're not 5k-ing and I'm not running from the law, do you want to come over for dinner? I'm dying to see you! Call me!
Congrats on doing the 5k!
Post a Comment