So I don't know if any of you know this, but I pretty much was born into the perfect family. What?? WHY??? HOW??? you ask....well because we are all so NOT perfect.
I LOVE my family, I love our differences, I love our similarities, I love that we all love each other. Its a pretty amazing thing when you think about it. We didn't always do this well together, but as we have gotten older we have gotten better. :)
My family is funny in that we are very much the type that if something bad happened the year before on a holiday or around a holiday its like we have to make it amazing the following year, and we did just that this year.
I went home on Wednesday night late and stayed up to watch a movie with my sister. Then Thursday my niece Narae got to have me all to herself. We watched some Ace of Cakes episodes (a favorite show of mine) And some Jon and Kate plus 8 (my other favorite show). Then the real treat was going to play at Wild Waters, just me and my Rae Rae girl. (Except for the whole swimsuit thing it was great.) And I didn't even get a bad sunburn. (first time for everything) :) We did whatever Narae wanted, it was truly a day for her. I hope she had as much fun as I did. After Wild Waters we went to dinner with the whole family. It was great. We went to Marie Callender's, and had yummy food and even yummier (is that a word??) pie. I love fresh strawberry pie. yum Then we all went to my sisters and hung out, played games etc.
Then it was the 4th. We got up kind of early and went and saw WALL E...I thought it was cute, my mom didn't so much. :) Then we had lunch, hung out, and then a YUMMY BBQ with my favorite macaroni salad...my moms is the BEST! We ate it the whole weekend, lets be honest we just ATE the whole weekend, I think I gained 5 more pounds. Then it was firework time. my mom lives really close to down town sparks so we just went to her place to watch them. They were pretty amazing.
Saturday was more fun....well I mean we still had more fun things to do.....We went miniature golfing early (it got pretty hot) Then we went and had lunch at a YUMMY Mexican restaurant. Then we went to ANOTHER movie, 2 in one weekend...I can't remember the last time I did that. Whew. GOOD Times.
Then Sunday was a nice relaxing day...church etc. All too soon it was Monday morning and I had to leave to come back to Utah and live my normal life.
I just want to thank my family for such an amazing and fun time. They ROCK. I sure do love them...wish Sparks wasn't so far away....
13 years ago



4 comments:
Sounds like a fun exciting weekend Bren... especially with all the food! :) Isn't food the greatest?!?! Too bad it doesn't like my hips very well! :D I love to see you have updated your blog. See ya tomorrow!
My mom didn't love Wall E either. So I was thinking that you are one of the best chefs I know. You should start posting your recipes and stuff you make! I would love love it. Anyway, just a suggestion.
I am glad that you could go back to good ol' Ren-o!!
YAY for a fun weekend! you should have those more often!
:)
Post a Comment