Saturday, September 27, 2008

Autumn

I love autumn. I love the cooler temperatures and the changing leaves. I love the different scents that start to come (pumpkin spices, Cinnamon, nutmeg etc.) I love the crunch of the leaves on the ground when you step on them. (I probably wouldn't love that as much if I had to rake those leaves.) I love the crisp air, I love that people don't look at me like I am crazy when I want to drink hot chocolate all the time (I LOVE hot chocolate). I love the way the mountains look. I love wearing sweaters and knowing it is for good reason (not just that the air conditioning is too cool for me.) I love the sun not rising so early in the morning that it wakes me at 6am EVERY day. I love the fall decorations. I love getting ready to start the fireplace. The only thing I don't love about Autumn is that it is usually WAY to short. The transition seasons never last long enough. I am going to enjoy while I can.

6 comments:

mindy said...

oh yeah!!!! I LOOOOOOVE it too! IT smells so good, the temperature is perfect . . . nights are pretty . . . sunsets, cider . . . LOVE IT!!

Pauly said...

Fall & Winter have always been my favorite seasons as well, for all the reasons you mentioned........and for football. =)

Karen said...

I'm with ya. I love all of it!

Caitlin Selle said...

I am a major hot chocolate fan myself. I love getting a cup of it and carrying it around in the cold, so it keeps my hands nice and warm.

Alicia said...

Have you been up to the mountains yet? The Fall leaves are amazing! Or at least they were last weekend. :-)

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad that you love fall. I think it's because of you that I'm warming up to it. I used to hate fall because it means summer has gone away. But you make it seem so great!