So most of you know that I have a hard time sleeping. It ranges from either not being able to fall asleep to falling in and out of sleep to having horrifying nightmares that wake me or just having so many dreams I don't feel like I have slept. So a new quirk to my "sleeping" pattern has happened and so since I am once again not sleeping (can't fall asleep right now, been trying for a couple hours) I thought I'd share with you.
With my in and out of dreams nights they are so vivid and real that sometimes the dreams even take place in my bedroom so when I wake up it takes me a minute to adjust and really wake up (because I am in fact in the room that the dream was happening in) and no longer see the crazy thing I was dreaming. Examples - for me to have to stare at my sealing until the crazy web thing above my head disappears (because it was never there) or for me to stare at my bedroom door to make sure it really is still closed and there is no man standing in the doorway, those are all acceptable (not acceptable as an enjoyment, but acceptable because I don't leave my bed...or I didn't used to leave my bed) and I could sometimes get back to sleep sooner.
Yes that is the new quirk...I have in fact gotten out of bed to check or fix whatever it was that was "wrong" in my dream, only to REALLY wake up at the end of my bed "looking" for the "problem" and realize that the said problem wasn't REAL. Hopefully it won't happen again and REALLY hopefully I won't ever leave my room if it does. YIKES! Maybe I should have my roommate start putting obstacles in my path to leave the house so I can't get out. :)
It is fascinating! I know. Its hard to believe that sleeping could cause me so much grief, or trying to sleep would. Sleep is supposed to be great...at least that's what I have been told. Maybe I obsess over it too much and that is why I have such a hard time with it??? Hmmm I don't know.
Anyone else have similar problems? I hope you don't. I really think that sleeping is an amazing thing...although if you aren't sleeping maybe you should let me know so when I have another night like this I can call you and maybe we could go get coffee...oh except I don't drink coffee, and that probably wouldn't help me to sleep anyway. HA!!!
*Don't forget I am writing this at 12:30am ish so sorry if it doesn't make sense...
13 years ago



5 comments:
I'm sorry but I blog hopped off of Caity's blog and found your interesting dilemma. I too suffer from restless nights. I will look at my clock and think 'okay, I can survive on a couple of hours sleep' then I don't actually fall asleep! The best sleep I get is about an hour before my alarm is set to go off! I hear your stress sister...just know that there are many of us out there!!!! BTW, if you are taking any sleep aids they will make you do crazy things like sleep walk! My friend used to take Ambian and would have to barr her doors so she didn't get outside!
Ah Bren, I'm sorry. I love sleeping, but I have been there with ya, some nights, there is nothing I can do to go to sleep. I blame stress. Sweet dreams tonight! (I hope)
I have tried some sleep aids in the past, but normally they make my dreams more scary so I have a hard time trying any new ones out there. And I have heard horror stories about ambian so I won't be taking that.
K, so I think it is interesting that you wrote this and then the power went out so shortly after . . .
You think that was a sign from somewhere to try to sleep again? Just wondering. LOL
Have you ever done a sleep study? I wonder if they could help you figure out how to get better sleep? I too love sleeping! Most nights I have too vivid dreams, but they are rarely scary. Better bar your balcony door as well as your bedroom door, just in case.
Post a Comment